Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY:
Outside my window... the sun is shining, it is only 52 degrees, but it will get warmer.

I am thinking... about our upcoming surprise trip for Dad. We do this once in awhile- pick a place to go for a few days and get everything packed up. When he gets home from work, we take off. He doesn't know until we get there or at least pretty close.

I am thankful for... God's grace.

From the learning rooms... Bookworm is working on finishing her science reading, Ladybug is finishing Math, and Busy Bee is completing his free reading.

From the kitchen... I am thankful that we got our freezer cooking done. We had talent show rehearsal and homeschool group meeting yesterday and shopping for a new bathing suit for ladybug and talent show tonight. So now I just have to choose from the stash!

I am wearing... tan capri's and a blue and green top.

I am creating... new garden stakes for the veggie garden.

I am going... to take Ladybug to choose a new bathing suit for our trip. Tonight is our homeschool group's annual Talent Show. All 3 kids are playing piano pieces and Ladybug is in a stick routine to the song Who Am I? by Casting Crowns.

I am reading... John Adams by Mc Cullough. We start American History next year and I need to get a head start on Bookworm.

I am hoping... for nice weather for our trip.

I am hearing... birds chirping at the feeders.

Around the house... I want to deep clean the refrigerator this week.

One of my favorite things... my Virginia Bluebells and Persian Lilacs have opened up, just as my Double- flowering Cherry tree and daffodils are fading.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Talent Show, Biology Lab, Surprise Trip, Lake- help put dock in, clean up the yard now that we've cleaned up the inside, maybe get some fishing in?

To see more Daybook entries visit:http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment