Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back At It

I hope you have all had a wonderful summer break. We are ready to get back to a regular routine. You can add up on one hand the number of times our whole family spent an entire 24 hours at our home. We spent the majority of our time at the lake with a week here and there at camps or visiting friends.

We'll start lessons in a week and I will be posting more regularly now that I'll actually be at home. We have no internet at the lake and that's okay with me. All I want to do when I'm there is swim, float or fish and visit with good friends.

I plan on deep cleaning our learning room and doing a little more organizing this week. The kids are chomping at the bit to open their new books. My non-homeschooling friends think we're strange. It's like Christmas when those book orders start arriving!

We have our books and materials all ready to go. We're trying out a new spelling program this year- I'll post about that after we've been into it for a few weeks. I have also written up my own history curriculum for the most part for this year. I loved Mystery of History, but we finished Book 3 and Book 4 won't be done for awhile yet. I couldn't find anything I liked quite as well, so here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment