Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Miss Mason's Nod to Homeschoolers

I read this encouraging Parents Review article by Charlotte Mason about a year ago: http://amblesideonline.org/PR/PR03p279TheHomeSchool.shtml

It helped me to evaluate our priorities as Bookworm was entering the high school years. I prayed about our focus in educating our children, read CM's writings and thought hard about the challenging times that I believe are ahead for our children and their generation. I felt a real call from the Lord to go deeper with my children, to help prepare them for eternity.

If you love CM's educational philosophy and you homeschool, I highly recommend reading this article. Then come back here tomorrow and see what I gleaned from this article. I know it was written long ago, but boy is it timely given the social climate our children are growing up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment