Sunday, March 21, 2010

Something to Meditate On...

We recently finished our study of the Reformation in our history
co-op. I was really drawn to the lives of the reformers.
I appreciated their heart for the Reformation and the risks
they were willing to take to improve the spiritual lives
of other believers and to improve their churches.
Martin Luther especially touched me.
Here is a quote of his that I have been meditating on:
What you do in your house is worth as much
as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God.
We should accustom ourselves to think of our
position and work as sacred and well-pleasing
to God, not on account of the position and work,
but on account of the word and faith
from which the obedience and work come from.
~ Martin Luther
I want to remember this daily. It inspires me to strive for
excellence even in the smallest activity.
When I serve my family, I serve God.
They are my mission, my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment