Monday, March 15, 2010

Welcome to "4 Star Recipes" Series

I love to take a good recipe and tweak it until it becomes a great recipe (at least in my estimation). Three stars is a good recipe that deserves attention to make it great. Four stars for a recipe means near perfection. Once a recipe receives 4 stars I leave it alone. I have high expectations for those that do get 4 stars though.

I thought for fun that once or twice a week I would post one of my "4 Star Recipes". I admit to you that when cooking I rarely measure, but I will try for the purpose of sharing with you. I'd love to know if anyone tries these recipes and what your family thinks of them.

This recipe is a family favorite and one of my most requested by family and friends.

Royal Chicken Supreme

Marinade:
8 ozs sour cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp celery salt

6 chicken breast halves- medium to large
3 slices of cheese- I use Provolone
3 slices of ham- I use Black Forest
6 tsp honey mustard dressing- I use Marzettis

Breading:
2 c bread crumbs- I use fresh
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning

Take each chicken breast and cut a pocket in it- I have my butcher do this for me. Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the pocketed chicken breasts. Let marinate overnight in fridge.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut each cheese slice and slice of ham in half. Combine all breading ingredients well in a pie plate. Take a chicken breast out of marinade, lightly shake off excess marinade. Place 1 half slice of ham, 1 half slice of cheese and 1 tsp of honey mustard dressing into pocket. Secure pocket closed with a toothpick. Coat breast with crumb mixture and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.

Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment